Frequently Asked Question
As of July 30, 2016, there are some requirements with respect to new passwords. For this, please see the list of requirements below. If your password was set before this day or by the CBC (usually for temporary passwords), the old requirements still hold for your password. This means that your current password not necessarily complies with these requirements.
As of May 1st, the password requirements have been updated. A password now consists of at least twelve characters (previously 10). Users are requested to update their password before September 1st. If the password has not been altered before this date, a password change will be forced on this date.
Additionally, starting May 1st, passwords for privileged accounts should contain at least 20 characters and be of sufficient quality (metric t.b.d.). Service accounts should have a password of at least 32 characters.
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least twelve characters in length
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Not be equal to the current password or 23 of the previous passwords